As August unfolds, we’re thrilled to share the latest updates from The FCDC.
These updates will offer a transparent glimpse into our achievements and upcoming initiatives this month.
Three FCDC Tech SEO Trainees have secured internships.
We’re delighted to announce that three of our former tech SEO trainees have gotten internships:
- Amaka Jubilee Chukwuma: Embarking on a journey as an SEO intern at Second Eclipse.
- Camille Martin: Making valuable contributions as an intern at WordLift.
- Nafisah Mayun: She has now been promoted from an SEO intern to a Technical SEO specialist at Second Eclipse.
Azeem Ahmad is Fundraising For the FCDC!
Local SEO for Good is a two-day online fundraising event bringing local search insights to marketers and businesses all over the world. Through ticket sales and donations, they’re aiming to raise money for a multitude of charities and NPOs close to the hearts of the experts speaking and presenting.
We are genuinely so grateful to digital marketing lead, Azeem Ahmed, for choosing the FCDC community as the cause he’ll fundraise for.
You can support this initiative by getting your tickets here.🎫
How To Start A Career in Technical Writing🎙️
Join us for a Twitter Space session on “How to Start a Career in Technical Writing.”
Our guest speaker, Damilola Oladele, a software engineer and technical writer, will share insights including:
- Critical skills for thriving as a technical writer.
- Strategies to monetize your technical writing prowess.
- Addressing the common query: “Is coding knowledge essential for technical writing?” and much more.
Learning technical writing provides valuable skills for conveying complex information clearly and opens doors to versatile career opportunities.
Mark your calendar and set a reminder here
An Update on the Cohorts and Digital Marketing Mentorship.
We have finalized the beneficiaries for three upcoming content cohorts. All the cohorts will last for three months and the online classes will hold once a week from the first week of September until the last day of November.
The cohorts will be taught by these wonderful women;
- Content writing taught by Tara Struyk the VP of content at Janalta.
- Content Marketing cohort taught by Erika Vranguli the VP of International Brand at Semrush.
- Copywriting taught by Sara Sal, Facebook and LinkedIn Ads specialist at Hootsuite.
Stay tuned for the announcement of these wonderful trainees.
Mentor Applications are Still Open.
This September, the FCDC is embarking on a 2-month journey to help our members improve their content and SEO skills. Mentorship empowers growth and learning, and it can be life-changing for the mentees.
We are in need of experienced mentors to guide our members through this transformative journey.
The mentorships are starting on the 1st of September, 2023.
- It’ll run for 2 months
- 1-hour video call per week.
Please consider becoming a mentor and help us make a difference.
If you know someone interested in mentoring, please encourage them to become a mentor.
If you’d like to hear the first-hand experiences of other FCDC mentors, please watch these videos:
This is a chance to give back, support diversity, and be a part of something truly special!
That’s it for our August Update! If you have any ideas, thoughts, and feedback to share with the coalition, you can send us an email.
You can also share this post with your peers and if you know any BIPOC folks who could benefit from what we do, encourage them to join us here.
Passionate about content and diversity, Jadesola is a content writer. In her free time, with a cup of coffee in hand, she binges on reality shows.